Wacom Bamboo Monitor Switcher
Download Wacom Bamboo Monitor Switcher
Size: 265 KB
Download Source Code
Size: 263 KB
This is a Wacom Bamboo tablet monitor switching utility for a multiple / dual monitor configuration. Within the Bamboo Control Panel, you can change which monitor your pen is active in, but changing this is long and unwieldly. This app makes the change instantly. By using configurable buttons on your tablet, keyboard or mouse, you can assign these to run the app to change monitors instantly.
This version is modified from Lucefer’s, which was in turn based on the original version created by George Yohng
Run the ‘WBMS+’ or ‘WBMS-’ apps to change which monitor the tablet takes effect in. The + app will move your tablet to control the next monitor up according to Windows, and the – app will move your table to control the next monitor down according to Windows. On a dual monitor setup, they will both move you to the other monitor.
You may find that when using this utility, if you try to open up the Bamboo Control Panel nothing will appear. This is due to a feature of this app. That hides the Bamboo Control Panel as it switches monitors. To solve this issue, just run the ‘WBMS_ControlPanel’ app to make it appear again.
* Tested with Bamboo MTE-450, Bamboo CTL-460
* Tested only on Windows 7 64bit with Bamboo drivers installed to default path
* Tested with driver versions 5.2.4-5, 5.2.4-6, 5.2.5-2
v3.20 – 09/07/2011
– Works with new 5.2.5-2 drivers that have a re-arranged Bamboo Control Panel
v3.10 – 15/06/2011
– Smarter loading the Bamboo Control Panel
– Better hiding of the Bamboo Control Panel windows
v3.00 – 11/06/2011
– Converted to slightly nicer C++ function based code
– Added ability to change to next or previous monitors via different .exe’s
– Runs in ‘silent’ mode with tablet control panel in the background, to make switching between monitors much quicker